Monday, July 27, 2015

July 27, 2015

Hello Everybody!

I am pushing through! Missionary work is tough but we are making progress. We have goals in mind and are working toward those goals. I also have personal goals that I am working towards so I can improve. It's hard work though, but I'm learning and growing day by day.

COOKIES & MILK... do make me happy!


Tuesday: We continued work on a family's patio. We visited with some recent converts and a less active member. Game night was "Capture the Flag" and that was super fun. There were less active members there and potential investigators which was really great! 

Wednesday: Elder Anderson and I gave a training about how to teach simply and with unity at our district meeting. We also has a lesson with a potential investigator we met at game night. It went well, but he will be out of town for a while, so it will be some time before we see him again. This is a weird time of year because people go on vacation We also meet college students but struggle to set up future appointments with them because they're going back to school. 

Missionary night was fun. I got to be with the branch president. He gave me a lot of advice about life and about being a missionary. 

Funny [Interesting] story: We wanted to visit someone that night, but didn't have time, so we started to head back home. We stopped at a convenience store to get a candy bar, and we coincidentally parked right next to the person we wanted to visit! It was a small miracle. [Have you ever heard the sayings that, "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous," or "Chance is the pseudonym of God."?] We also had a lesson with another less active member. It went really well. 

Thursday: We did service in the morning, had a lesson with an investigator we haven't seen for a while, and had a lesson with a member referral that we got a while ago. In the evening we tried to visit people and were able to have some lessons with less active members.



This is my desk where I study and plan.

Friday: We did service in the morning. The person we did service for is a potential investigator. He took us out to lunch afterward at a place called Jalapenos Cafe. It was super good. I loved it. We tried to talk with him a little bit about the gospel while we were eating. Then we had weekly planning. In the evening we tried to visit people, but other things came up such as planning for an exchange, having a baptismal interview far away the next day, and our phone dying. In the evening, I went to another companionship's area so Elder Anderson could do an exchange.

Saturday: I was in another area. The missionary I was with got out [came to the mission] a transfer [six weeks] after me, so he was still very unfamiliar with the area; but that made it more fun. We stained a fence in the morning, then visited people throughout the day while trying to find time to do our First 12 Weeks training in the mission field. We were also on bikes. That was awesome because the weather was great (especially in the evening) and it made it easier to talk to people. We tried to talk to one person, but quickly found that he mainly spoke Spanish. Not much happened except me butchering Spanish as I tried to say the church's name.



Who knew city's close down... 
Where do they all go after 5:00? ;)  :D

Sunday: Our companionship study was planning and study time because of how late the exchange the day before had ended. We had ward council, then popped into the YSA branch to see if any people we invited came to church; none of them did in either ward. After church, we went to dinner in Clay Springs (about 25 minutes away). We couldn't find the family's house in our GPS, so we ended up 11 miles past it before turning around. Dinner was Navajo Tacos (my first time having them) they were super good! In the evening we tried to visit people with not too much luck.

Monday: I dropped my disc golf score this morning to 85, then we went shopping for groceries. I had to by new running shoes and I spoiled myself by getting some ASU shorts and an ASU baseball cap. Tonight we have a good FHE planned, so today should be a good day.

Spiritual Thought:
God loves us. He knows everything. We need to trust and rely on him.
Remember *Mosiah 4:9 where it say we cannot comprehend all that God can and **2 Nephi 9:20 which talks about God's omnipotence. He knows everything we are going through, feeling, dealing with, thinking, etc. And in the end, all of that can work out for the best so long as we follow him.

*Mosiah 4:9 (Book of Mormon)
Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

**2 Nephi 9:20 (Book of Mormon)
O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it.

Thank you all for your love and support! I hope you have a great week! I love you all, miss you all, and think of you every day!

Elder Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment