Monday, July 13, 2015

June 13, 2015 Email Highlights

Hello everyone!

We have gotten a lot of rain here which has been great. It keeps things cool! I have also been out for two months! It's weird, it feel like it has been a really short time, but also a really long time, ha-ha. I still miss you all and think about you!

Wednesday: I was able to use my new discs and play my first 18-hole course of disc golf! I scored either a 104 or 106. Luckily, it was my first time playing a real game so I can get away with such a high score like that! In the evening we had missionary night with the YSA branch. We got to share my favorite Mormon Message (The Hope of God's Light) at those visits.

Thursday: There was a thunderstorm in the middle of the night that woke me up and we woke up to rain! Luckily, it stayed cool all day. We had district meeting and there was a great training ... and also a great get to know people activity. We each wrote three things about our companion, then we had to teach a gospel principle to someone while incorporating those three points about that person into our min-lesson. It was super funny. 

Friday: Weekly planning day! In my personal study, I learned a lot about setting a date to achieve goal and having faith the Lord will help us achieve those goals. .We did service for a member family and helped them replace parts of their porch. Dinner was good today, too. Homemade pizza, homemade ice cream, cake, kale salad, carrots, and watermelon.

Saturday: We weren't able to get our free Slurpee's because there are no 7-11 stores near Show Low. Here is an interesting story. One of our zone leaders who was staying with us left his retainers in our house. I was doing the dishes, and didn't notice they were in a cup, so I dumped them into the garbage disposal. When he came over to look for them, he found them in there and they were barely damaged. That was a small miracle.

Sunday: Was a usual busy Sunday. When we had dinner, I ate way too much and felt sick the rest of the day. I won't make that mistake again. 

Monday: Nothing much has happened yet! Just studied, went to Wal-Mart, got discs for another missionary, and now emails! We're hoping to get our car washed and get haircuts today too.



We contacted people and they let us hold their snake.

Love,
Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment