Sunday, November 22, 2015

August 24, 2015



Hello everybody!

Things are great in the white mountains of Arizona! The weather is amazing, the skies are beautiful, and the work is moving along. There isn't too much to say since the last time I've emailed on Wednesday. I'm really enjoying Elder Casey; he is an awesome missionary and I'm grateful he is my companion! We have zone conference coming up this Friday which is exciting. Things are moving along well! It's a lot of fun being able to train and help a new missionary grow! I am really enjoying that.

Wednesday: We had YSA Missionary Night. We also found a new investigator and  started teaching him! We were able to confirm a baptismal date in the first lesson and we have another lesson with him tonight. We also had a good lesson with other investigators about the Plan of Salvation. (Ask a Mormon to explain it to you if you want to know more :)

Thursday: We kept busy and were able to have a solid amount of lessons that day. Only one fell through (which was a blessing). We also had one in the evening that we couldn't find. We searched two trailer parks at night, knocked on a variety of doors, but couldn't find the lesson. It was a freaky night...haha.

Friday: Weekly planning day (that's always fun)! We had two lessons that day. The first one we surprised the persons we taught, so that wasn't good. The second one was with a recent convert and it went well.

Saturday: We spent most of the day trying to visit people. We we had two lessons which went well and lost an investigator. We also got the two people we met with on-date (confirmed) for baptism which was awesome!

Sunday: We had our church meetings and we were going to have a lesson that evening, but it fell through. In the evening, our stake president invited us to the stake priesthood leadership meeting. It was all about the ward council process. I learned a lot and got great ideas on how to more effectively use it! I'm excited to start implementing it better.

Spiritual Thought: Before our zone conference this Friday, our mission president is asking us to read the entire gospel of John and find all the places where Christ says "I have come not to do my will, but the will of him who sent me." I love doing this and reading about Christ's life because it is a reminder of how we should be striving to live our life -- doing the Lord's will. I still need to continue working on this, but I love that reminder to do the will of our Heavenly Father and hope I can get better at it.

I love you all! I hope you're having an amazing week!

Sincerely,
Elder Morgan

PS: Enjoy band camp Pride & Cougar Band!

No comments:

Post a Comment