Sunday, November 22, 2015

September 14, 2015

Elder's Casey and Morgan... 
Go Show Low Cougars!!!


Coming soon... Zone T-Shirt

Hello all!

Yesterday marks four months of serving a mission. The more time that goes by, the faster time seems to fly. It is amazing to me that this transfer ends in two weeks! Luckily, it is starting to cool down in Arizona. the night feel so good and the days are getting less hot. I'm definitely continually growing and learning a lot. My new companion is Elder Hugo. Is is a great missionary from Alaska and I still get to train him. Here was my week:

Monday: Temple trip and some solid lessons.

Tuesday: We got to take an hour and a half road trip to Payson where we dropped off Elder Casey. The senior couple that picked him up bought us all Carl's Juniors which was super good.

Wednesday: We had to go to Snowflake because Elder Hugo had an appointment. After that I had Taco Bell for the first time on my mission. It was super good. We put in a mailbox for an investigator, helped some other missionaries move someone, moved some paver stones for another investigator, then had Missionary Night that evening (the branch president took us in his Jeep again through his shortcut -- fun as always!)

Thursday: We had a great zone training meeting in the morning, had some lessons later in the day, and met with the bishop in the evening.

Friday: We did some moving in the morning, weekly planning, and other service later in the day. In the evening we got to go clean the temple and the branch president bought us El Cupidos (super good Mexican food)

Saturday: We finished weekly planning, met with our ward mission leader, and had a lesson in Lakeside. While in Lakeside, we did some contacting at yard sales. We had a lesson/dinner in the evening with our recent converts, then we contacted in the park (always a weird experience). After that we visited another potential investigator and had a lesson in the evening.

Sunday: We had meetings from 9:30-12. we found out that next week our YSA Branch Presidency will be reorganized and that made me sad. They are great leaders. We had dinner in Clay Springs, lessons in the evening, then finished our companionship study that we couldn't do earlier in the day.

Monday: Nothing too interesting has happened yet today. At Walmart we got some magic cards to use on P-Day, so we will do some of that. We also have to clean our apartment.

Spiritual Thought: I decided that I would bear my testimony for this thought, rather than share a scripture. 

I know that God loves us and that he gave us this life so we could be happy, learn, and grow. I know that Jesus Christ lives and sacrificed his life for us. I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church on Earth. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet on the Earth today and the only man on Earth who hold the keys of God's Priesthood authority. I know this church is lead by inspired apostles and prophets called of God to lead this church.

I love an miss you all! Thank you for the support!

-Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment